Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tomato's & Rice

This is another meal that I grew up eating quit a bit.  It is made so many ways.  My mom loves to make it using fat back grease or should I say used to.  I put my little twist on tomato's and rice and her response "Why didn't I think of this along time ago".  If you have never had tomato's and rice I def urge you to give it a try exp this recipe.  Not only is it simple but can be pair with anything really.  Our favorites to have with it is Meatloaf, Baked Chicken, and anything BBQ'd.  The way I make this it could definitely stand alone also, or so I think!  Hope you give this recipe a try and stay tuned for more to come!!


Tomato's & Rice

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup country ham; diced (I just buy the slices and dice it up)
  • 5 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 Cup White Rice
  • 1 Can Diced Tomato's; Un-drained
  • 1 3/4's Cup Chicken Broth (You can definitely use water if you would like)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
  1. Dice ham. And in a Pot or Sauce pan w/ high edges saute the ham in 3 tablespoons of butter for about 3 mins on medium high heat.
  2. To the ham and butter add the rice and cook for 3 min longer stiring constantly.
  3. Then add in Diced tomato's, Chicken Broth, Salt & Pepper. Bring to a boil. Turn to Low. Cover and cook 15 to 20 mins or until rice is tender.
  4. Before serving fold in another 2 tablespoons of butter, just for taste, you may omit this if you would like. You may also taste and adjust salt and pepper at this point to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment