Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chicken Salad

This recipe has been my family's way of making Chicken Salad forever.  My husband had never had it until he moved to NC and it was love at first bite as the Neely's would say :).
It's so simple to make, I mean come on its only 5 ingredients.  I like to boil or roast a whole chicken to get my chicken meat but you could use precooked can chicken to make it even easier. You can serve this as a side, a appetizer w/ some crackers, or you can make sandwiches out of it.  Also you can serve it warm or cold.
My husband likes for me to back a double batch and keep it in the fridge and he will make sandwiches from it for work thru out the week.  He says each day it just gets better and better!  Either way you serve it, I think, you will love it!!

Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
  • 5 cups Cooked, Diced or Shredded Chicken ( I like half dark meat half white)
  • 3 eggs boiled and chopped to your liking
  • 1 cup Mayo (Duke’s is what I use)
  • 3 Tablespoons  Sweet Pickle Relish
  • 1 ½ Tsp Yellow Mustard
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Boil chicken, and Shred or Dice.
  2. Boil Eggs & Chop to your liking.  We like ours very fine.
  3. Mix cooked chicken, eggs, mayo, pickle relish, and mustard together. Serve immediately or store in a container w/ a lid for up to 1 week in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment