Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade Mozzarella Sticks

 I never realized how easy these where to make.  I tried to make them one time before and it was a disaster.  But I found the trick.  Putting them in the freezer for that 30 mins, PERFECT!  Do not skip that step. Freezing them gives the outside time to brown without the inside melting to fast before hand!  This is a recipe I can't live without now!  Enjoy!


Homemade Mozzarella Sticks

Ingredients:
16 oz pkg Mozzarella String Cheese (I also use the Mozzarella Cheddar Blend String Cheese and its great)
1 cup Flour
2 Eggs + 1 Tablespoon Milk (wisk well)
2 cups bread crumbs (I made my own seasoned bread crumbs but you can buy the plain or seasoned from the grocery store! The Italian bread crumbs would be amazing!)
Oil for Frying (I used Canola)

Directions:
1. Place flour, eggs & milk, and bread crumbs in 3 different containers.
2. Now roll cheese in flour*shake excess off*, Then in Egg wash, Then bread crumbs*shake excess off*, Bake in egg wash, Then finally in bread crumbs one last time.
3. Place all cheese sticks in a single layer on a sheet tray and place in the Freezer for 30 mins.
4. Heat oil to 350.  Remove cheese from freezer. Place into oil carefully and fry just till golden browned.
5. Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment