Monday, April 16, 2012

Amazing Homemade Brownies


 So, as I sat at home Friday night I got the hankering for some brownies.  Store was closed so I decided that I would search online for a easy homemade brownie recipe w/ coco powder.  Thank goodness I did because I found a recipe that is beyond simple and out of this world good.  I will never make boxed brownies again NEVER.  These were the perfect ooey gooey brownies that has the little crunch layer on top and don't get me started on the edge's *Wipes drool from chin*  The original recipe source is All recipes and the recipe is called Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies. I only made one change and that was using canola oil, and lowering the amount of sugar. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Amazing Homemade Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened coco powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cups chopped nut, optional

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Mix oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs just til combined.
  3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, coco, baking powder, and salt.
  4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in nuts if you are using them.
  5. Pour in a greased 8x8 or 9x9. For thicker brownies use the 8x8 and for thinner *like mine* use the 9x9
  6. Bake for 20 to 25 mins. The thicker they are the longer the back time will be. Mine baked 21 mins and were perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment