Friday, February 3, 2012

Loaded Oven Omelet

I love omelet's but I can't seem for the life of me to make them in a pan on the stove.  So I looked up Oven Omelet's to see if they even existed.  Took from a few of my favorites and came up with this.  I have had this 4 times sense I found the recipe 5 days ago, I absolutely LOVE this recipe and I hope you do also.  Feel free to play around with the types of cheese, meat, and veggies.


Loaded Oven Omelet
Serves: 3 to 4

Ingredients:
  • 3 Whole Large Eggs
  • 3 Large Egg Whites
  • ¼ cup + 2 Teaspoons of Skim Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • ¼ cup finely diced onion
  • ¼ cup finely diced bell pepper (color of your choice)
  • Cooked turkey sausage ( I used 6 of the precooked links that had been thawed and diced)
  • 3 Tablespoons + ½ cup 2% Mexican Blend Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Butter for the baking dish

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Sauté onions and peppers in a little butter until soft and translucent.
  2. Wisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 3 tablespoons Mexican blend cheese, sautéed onions and peppers, sausage, salt and pepper.
  3. Butter baking dish and pour in egg mixture and top with remaining ½ cup Mexican blend cheese.
  4. Bake at 350 for 25-35 mins. Keep an eye on it after the 20 min mark. You want it lightly browned on the edges and when a tooth pick is inserted it should come out wet but not slimy like raw eggs.  When you shake the dish it should not jiggle.
*Bake this in a dish so the egg will come at least ¼ of the way up the side of the dish. I used a loaf pan.*



No comments:

Post a Comment